Has Anyone ever asked you why your single? There was a point and time I hated that question. Like what huh, how on earth do I know why I’m single ? I’m a beautiful, loving, individual. I live on my own I cook, I clean, I go to church etc. You know I possess all the qualities of a young lady who can be in a great relationship. Then one day on the phone with one of my sisters it hit me I’ve never really been single. She pointed out that one way or another there is always some “friend” in my life who happens to be a male fulfill almost all the vacancies a boyfriend would fill. My motto was if your not married your single. At the age of thirteen I had my first boyfriend. That was cool for what it was then at Ag e 14 I was with my childhood sweetheart the man at one point I believed I would marry especially since I was this naive church girl who believed that even though he had been the one I gave my precious gift of virginity to pre-marriage. Well that didn’t quite go as planed it actually set me up for a life of guy after guy and always having a plan B. After forcefully leaving this relationship (which happens to be another pattern in my life) I promised I would never just have a boyfriend but I would have friends and no guy would ever have the chance to “”play” me. Little did I know that starting that one habit would lead to habits and immortality lust and as much as I hate to say it bitterness. There has never been a time in my life where it has been me and the lord. Sad enough it’s true I often criticize females who jump in and out of relationships with no regard of their heart mind and or bodies. Yet truth be told I am one of those silly females instead of jumping from boyfriend to boyfriend I would jump from “friend to friend”. Late night convo’s would end with one friend. Intimate moments would exchange from me to them me not fully knowing and understanding intimacy was and is way more than just sex. If I had not been busy with a plan b or playing it safe and easy in then I probably would have realized more things about me and even probably perfected my craft the more instead of fixing broken clay jars of relationships that God meant to be broken. So these days when someone ask me why I’m single I simply reply because I don’t have time for idle dating. My time is precious and I have way to much catching up to do with Christ and my craft ; ).
Trying To Figure Out Just What To Do During Your Season Of Singleness? Well Here A Few Questions & Ideas That Helped Me
1) Get a hobby……Blogging is the best hobby I picked up yet!
2) Look into school……….go back and finish that degree or pic up a certificate in a trade you always wanted to learn.
3) Where do you want to go in life?…..I am currently planning out a vacation for me and my daughter!
4) Is your fasting and prayer life what it should be?……..I come to realize cutting guys out of the picture increased my attention to focusing on God and helps me to seek him more efficiently through fasting and prayer.
5) Get active at church – The harvest is plenty but the laborers are few….There is always room at church for help.
6) DO YOU! – If nothing else do you….Explore the town your in discover the little thing you never knew……Get a makeover just for you try a new look. Your embracing a new life right so why not a new or better yet updated look?
#CoolFact – I’m in a relationship already! Truth be told most men these days aren’t ready and can’t commit to this threesome anyway.
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.